– 300 gm minced meat
– 1 egg
– 3 slices of bread
– 2 green chillies (chopped)
– 1 tsp garam masala powder
– salt to taste
– 1 tsp cumin seeds powder
– 1 tbsp coriander powder
– 1 tsp red chilli paste
– 1 onion (chopped)
– 2 tomatoes (chopped)
– 3 tbsp oil
– ½ cup thick coconut milk
– Coriander leaves (chopped)
– Add this to the minced meat together with salt to taste, green chillies and the garam masala powder.
– Beat the egg and add this to the mince mixture as well. Mix well.
– Divide into different portions and shape into ½” size balls.
– Heat the oil in a kadhai and fry the onion till it is translucent.
– Add the tomatoes and fry for another 2-3 minutes.
– Mix all the spices in half a cup water to form a spice mixture.
– Add this spice mixture to the onion and tomatoes. Lower the heat and add 2 cups of water.
– Bring the gravy to the boil and slowly add the koftas a few at a time.
– Allow the koftas to simmer in the gravy for at least 5-6 minutes or until they are set and cooked.
– When the curry is ready, mix in the coconut milk and cook for another minute.
– Serve hot garnished with coriander leaves.